Agricultural Communications Gala kicks off Friday

This Friday morning, February 17th, over three hundred educators, communicators and representatives of some of the largest agricultural companies will be coming to the U of I. This group, which has come from all across the United States, will be attending the Agricultural Communications Gala and Symposium – celebrating the 50 years of cooperation between the Agriculture and Communications colleges.

The event will begin Friday morning in the Illinois Ballroom at the Illinois Union Hotel and will continue into the evening. The evening gala will include key speaker, Orion Samuelson, WGN’s head agricultural broadcaster and member of the National Radio Hall of Fame.

An essential part of the evening will also revolve around discussion of the James F. Evans Endowed Chair in Agricultural Communications – a program with the goal of ensuring continued education of students in agricultural, consumer, and environmental communications through the joint cooperation of the two colleges.

To find out more about the event, or if you are interested in attending, contact Kendra Courso, Library Assistant director of special events. She can be reached either through phone at 217-333-9355, or email to [email protected].