Media career seminar features Brad Karsh, alumni

This Saturday, Feb. 25, the College of Media will be hosting “Senior Saturday Career Seminar” in Gregory Hall 100 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Keynote presentations feature Brad Karsh, founder of JobBound and frequent contributor to CNN, CNBC and “Dr. Phil.”

Karsh’s speeches will focus on interviewing technique and business etiquette.

“He is one of the best-known job coaches in the industry,” said Kalee Ackerman, special events coordinator for the College of Media.

The remainder of the day will be devoted to informative panels and networking sessions presented by 19 Illinois alumni. The panels will be divided by advertising, journalism and media and cinema studies majors. Agricultural advertising and journalism graduates will also appear on these panels.

Alumni will include Ted Kemp (journalism ’99), head of digital media for Europe, Middle East and Africa for CNBC.com; Kevin Passolt (advertising ’04), account supervisor for DDB Worldwide Communications Group and John Jaramillo (media studies ’03), communications director for the American Heart Association.

Senior Saturday will cost College of Media seniors $25. Pre-registration for Senior Saturday ends Friday evening, but unregistered students can come Saturday morning with a cash or check.