Tips to help simplify the travel process, save time and money, and reduce stress while you’re away.

(NAPSI)—Whether you#8217;re planning a weekend getaway, family vacation or a quick business trip, traveling is easier when you travel smarter. Here are a few tips to help simplify the travel process, while helping to save time and money and reduce stress while you#8217;re away.

1. Genius Gadgets. Smartphones, tablets, iPods and cameras are all must-have items when traveling. However, they all come with chargers, cords and other accessories that can be cumbersome to carry. Thankfully, products like the Energizer 5W Premium Universal USB Chargers make it easy to control cable clutter with smart, wraparound cable storage and are compatible with USB-powered devices. Eliminating the need for so many different power supplies and the frustration of tangled cables, these chargers turn your outletavailable in car and wall modelsinto a charging station.

Even better, consider consolidating technology when you can. Use your smartphone as a digital camera and GPS system to cut down on the amount of gadgets needed for a trip.

2. Smartphone Apps to Add. Booking flight and hotel reservations early can help you lock in a great fare and save you money. Manage travel itineraries with TripIt, an app that lets you easily check in for flights, track flight status and even get alerts if your plane is delayed. More than just for transportation, this app can even hold tee times, guided tours, shows and other vacation plans.

Other apps, perfect for car trips, are the mobile versions of hotel booking sites. You can easily secure a room in a nearby city or town right from your smartphone. There are even apps that help locate nearby gas stations with the lowest prices. Download these to your smartphone for smooth sailing on the open road.

3. Smarter Spaces. With many airlines charging per bag, and some even charging for carry-ons, its cost effective to reduce your luggage load. Pack more efficiently with the use of a compressible Space Bag. With no vacuum required, these reusable bags can triple the amount of space in a suitcase or duffel bag, leaving room for souvenirs.

Travel-size toiletry containersor single-use packets of shampoo, lotion and hand sanitizersare another great way to reduce the bulkiness of your bags, especially if youll only be away for a few days.

Make your next trip a bit easier by investing in these smart travel tips and you can focus on the most important thinga memorable trip.

Ms. Dekker is editor of Simple Organized Living.

On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)