The GRE Tests Give Students More Options than Ever

(NewsUSA) – Accepted by more institutions than any other graduate admissions test, the GRE revised General Test now provides more options and opportunities for test takers. Here are five reasons why there’s never been a better time to take the GRE revised General Test.

1. It is the one test that applicants can take to apply to more than 3,000 graduate and business schools worldwide. GRE scores are used for admission to master’s, MBA, Ph.D. and fellowship programs.

2. Considering business school? Nearly 900 business schools worldwide now accept GRE scores for admission into their MBA and other graduate business programs. MBA applicants around the world are now taking the GRE revised General Test with its test-taker friendly design, new ScoreSelect option, free services, and more advanced degree opportunities. Plus, the GRE revised General Test is less expensive than other graduate admissions tests used by business schools.

“Accepting GRE scores is a win-win for both students and the graduate program,”said Harvie Wilkinson, Director of MBA Programs for the Gatton College of Business at the University of Kentucky. “The student now has more options, and with that, the business school becomes more diverse; with different backgrounds working together, better projects are able to be produced.”

3. The ScoreSelect option, available July 2012, helps individuals approach test day with more confidence, knowing they can send the scores they feel reflect their personal best. Now GRE test takers can decide which test scores to send to the institutions they designate.

4. The GRE revised General Test features a flexible, friendly design for a better test experience. Features include “mark and review” to tag questions so students can skip and return later and the ability to change answers, all within a section. An on-screen calculator is provided for the Quantitative Reasoning measure.

5. Test takers can prepare for the GRE revised General Test using free and low-cost tools available at www.ets.org/gre/prepare. These include: POWERPREP II software featuring full-length practice tests, GRE Math Review, The Official Guide to the GRE revised General Test, ScoreItNow! Online Writing Practice, and more.

The test-taker friendly design, new ScoreSelect option and more advanced degree opportunities mean it just got easier for students to start their future now with the GRE revised General Test. To register, visit www.ets.org/gre/registernow.