Homeowners Go Tankless to Resolve Hot Water Woes

(NewsUSA) – The average household has enough to worry about each day — from deciding when to start dinner to which load of laundry to wash first. The last thing anyone needs to worry about is having sufficient hot water for giving the kids baths, washing dishes, doing laundry — or, if you’re lucky — relaxing in a long hot shower. This, among other reasons, is why so many homeowners are making the decision to go tankless.

Rinnai tankless water heaters give homeowners the flexibility of on-demand hot water whenever they need it. Because the water is heated only as needed, there’s always enough to meet the demands of hot showers, baths, laundry and dishwashing — even if these are done simultaneously. With a traditional tank-style water heater, however, once the stored water is depleted, it can take up to 33 minutes to heat the tank again.

“Today’s homeowners are realizing they don’t have to schedule their lives around their hot water anymore, and many also want to make wise long-term home improvement investments with significant return. The decision to go tankless simply makes sense,” explains Kerri Walker, senior marketing manager at Rinnai.

The Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute estimates that operating a tankless water heater can cost 24 to 34 percent less than a traditional tank heater. Some tankless units, such as those manufactured by Rinnai, allow homeowners to save up to 40 percent on energy bills because a tankless unit does not have to heat and re-heat like a traditional water tank does.

“No one leaves their car on all the time, as — among other things — it would waste too much gas. Tankless technology is of a similar mindset. You’re using energy only when you need hot water,” adds Walker.

To calculate how much energy your household could save by switching to a tankless water heater, go to www.rinnai.us/tankless-waterheater-energy-savings-calculator. The tool also shows how many trees a tankless water heater can save by reducing a home’s overall carbon footprint.