TV networks to air all-new drama, comedy pilots for fall

With the end of popular television programs such as “House,” “One Tree Hill,” “Weeds” and “Desperate Housewives,” television networks will roll out the next round of new pilots this fall. Whether you’re into sci-fi thrillers that will keep you on your toes or dramas you can watch with your closest friends, this season of TV will have something for everyone.

h2. Partners (CBS)

*Premieres:* Monday, Sept. 24 at 7:30

*Starring:* David Krumholtz, Michael Urie, Sophia Bush and Brandon Routh

Brought to you by the creators of “Will & Grace,” “Partners” follows Joe and Louis, best friends and partners in business, striving to keep their bromance alive while still balancing their personal relationships.

h2. Nashville (ABC)

*Premieres:* Wednesday, Oct. 10 at 9

*Starring:* Connie Britton, Hayden Panettiere, Powers Boothe, Charles Esten and Eric Close

Rayna James (Connie Britton) is a country singer whose career takes a turn for the worse. To regain popularity, her record company recommends she performs as the opening act for young, up-and-coming artist Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere), who will do anything to be the center of attention. Can you say cat fight?

h2. Revolution (NBC)

*Premieres:* Monday, Sept. 17 at 9

*Starring:* Elizabeth Mitchell, Tracy Spiridakos, Billy Burke and Giancarlo Esposito

“Lost” meets “Supernatural” in this sci-fi drama about men and women who try to find out why electricity vanished from their post-apocalyptic society. Let’s just hope when the show ends, we don’t find out they were just in a purgatory universe.

h2. Vegas (CBS)

*Premieres:* Tuesday, Sept. 25 at 9

*Starring:* Dennis Quaid, Michael Chiklis, Jason O’Mara, Carrie-Anne Moss and Sarah Jones

If you like “Mad Men,” you’ll be sure to enjoy this 1960s-era drama based on the true story of Las Vegas sheriff Ralph Lamb (Dennis Quad), a rancher whose peaceful, Sin City life is interrupted by vicious Chicago gangster Vincent Savino (Michael Chiklis). Corruption and betrayal ensue.

h2. Emily Owens, M.D. (The CW)

*Premieres:* Tuesday, Oct. 16 at 8

*Starring:* Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Michael Rady, Aja Naomi King, Kelly McCreary and Necar Zadegan

It wouldn’t be fall TV without a plethora of new doctor dramas; however, this one does have something special ­— Meryl Streep’s daughter as the leading lady. Talk about pressure, huh? Emily Owens (Mamie Gummer) is a first-year intern at Denver Memorial Hospital, but between her crush and the pressure of working with a leading cardiologist, Owens feels as if she’s back in high school.

h2. Ben and Kate (FOX)

*Premieres:* Tuesday, Sept. 25 at 7:30

*Starring:* Dakota Johnson, Nat Faxon and Maggie Elizabeth Jones

If you’re looking for a dynamic duo to follow instead of Prince William and Kate Middleton, tune into this comedy about a different Kate (Dakota Johnson), a single mom who invites her eccentric, young-hearted brother (Nat Faxon) to move in with her in order to help care for her daughter, Maddie (Maggie Elizabeth Jones).

_Morgan is a junior in Media._