Police blotter Sept. 17, 2013

—A 19-year-old male was issued a notice to appear on the charge of possession of cannabis in the 1000 block of North Walnut Street around 1:30 p.m. Saturday.

According to the report, the officer observed a parking violation and made contact with the occupants and smelled the odor of cannabis. A notice to appear was issued.

—Domestic battery was reported in the 700 block of South Randolph Street around 12:30 p.m. Sunday.

According to the report, the victim reported that she was battered by the suspect.

—A 19-year-old male was arrested on multiple charges in the 500 block of East Green Street around 4 a.m. Monday.

According to the report, the suspect was arrested on the charges of burglary from a motor vehicle; trespassing a vehicle; and resisting, obstructing or disarming an officer. Medicine, a GPS system and accessories and clothing were stolen.

—A 22-year-old male was arrested on the charge of resisting or obstructing a police officer near Fourth and Clark streets around 3 a.m. Friday.

According to the report, officers were responding to a report of theft at Fourth Street and Springfield Avenue when they saw the suspect carrying a porch swing while riding his bike. When police approached the suspect, he crashed his bike and ran.

—Theft was reported in the 800 block of West Springfield around 1 a.m. Sunday.

According to the report, a bike that was locked to a stairwell pole was stolen.

—Burglary was reported at County Market, 1819 S. Philo Road, around 10:30 p.m. Sunday.

According to the report, unknown offenders entered the business, selected merchandise and fled the store without making any purchases or offering payment for the selected items.

—Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported at the U.S. Post Office, 202 S. Broadway Ave., around 10:30 a.m. Saturday.

According to the report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s unlocked vehicle and took checks or non-negotiable bonds.

Compiled by Hannah Prokop