Police blotter Sept. 20, 2013

— Domestic battery and domestic-interference was reported in the 500 block of South Duncan Road at around 11 p.m. Saturday. According to the report, the suspect was accused of battering the victim during an argument.

— Criminal damage to property was reported in the 00 block of East John Street at around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, a vehicle’s back window was broken while the vehicle was parked in an apartment parking lot. The vehicle belong to the victim. 

— A 38-year-old male was arrested on the charge of domestic battery in the 600 block of West Beardsley Avenue at around 5 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim and offender had a verbal altercation. The victim also reported an incident that occurred last week when he was battered by the same suspect.

— Theft was reported at Taft Hall, 1213 S. Fourth St., at 4:30 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, a student said that someone had stolen his computer, which was left unattended in a study room at Taft Hall. The computer has an estimated value of $1,300.

— A 19-year-old male was arrested on the charge of retail theft at the Illini Union Bookstore, 809 S. Wright St., at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, a store security guard told police he saw the suspect place a book into the waistband of his pants and attempted to leave the store. The book has a value of $70.

— Attempted first-degree murder, unlawful use of weapons and aggravated discharge of a firearm were reported in the 1700 block of East Florida Avenue at around noon Thursday. According to the report, the victim was shot by the offender while opening his apartment door.

— Theft was reported at County Market, 1819 S. Philo Road, at around 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. According to the reporter, the offender removed items from their packaging and concealed them on her person and then fled the store.

— A domestic dispute was reported in the 100 block of West Main Street at around 11 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the offender and victim, who were in a dating relationship, argued over a vehicle.

Compiled by Hannah Prokop