Campus bar checks result in more than 80 citations

The Champaign Police Department worked with the Illinois State Police to conduct an Alcohol Countermeasure Enforcement covert detail on Friday, Sept. 6.

The bar checks resulted in 56 citations being issued. Of the 54 issued, 16 were issued at Joe’s Brewery, nine were issued at KAM’S, nine were issued at The Red Lion, nine were issued at It’s Brother’s, 10 were issued at White Horse Inn and three were issued at Murphy’s Pub.

Citations were issued for minors in possession of alcohol, sale/delivery of alcohol to a minor and consumption of alcohol by an employee.

Police conducted another ACE detail on Sept. 21, resulting in 31 citations.

Of the 31 violations, nine were issued at Joe’s Brewery, 10 were issued at KAM’S, one was issued at The Red Lion, three were issued at It’s Brother’s, six were issued at The Clybourne, one was issued at the Illini Inn, and one was issued in the campus area.

Citations were issued for minors in possession of alcohol, sale/delivery of alcohol to a minor, consumption by an employee and resisting arrest/obstructing justice.

The purpose of the ACE program is to discourage and deter drug use and underage consumption and possession of alcohol.