Kristin Williamson for state representative

I write to endorse Kristin Williamson for state representative in the 103rd District. 

In spite of the demands of being a single mother, Kristin worked her way through Parkland College and became a graduate of the University of Illinois. She is now the Director of Public Relations at Benefit Planning Consultants, a regional business that works with companies to supply employee benefit administration.

Her work ethic and grounding in a business environment is balanced with her personal commitment to safeguarding individual liberties and championing further progress of equal rights for all people.

If elected, she knows her highest commitment is to be an advocate for the University, Parkland College and K-12 education, to fight for public employees and to negotiate a sustainable pension solution that upholds past promises. 

Intelligent, poised and reasonable, Kristin Williamson will be a hard-working, district-focused and collaborative representative in Springfield, who will make a difference to the citizens, institutions, local government and businesses of Champaign-Urbana.

Traci Nally, University alumna of LAS and Law.