Illini football announces 2015 ticket prices

A member of the “Block I” yawns while attempting to create noise during the homecoming game against Minnesota at Memorial Stadium on Saturday, Oct. 25, 2014. The Illini won 28-24.

By Peter Bailey-Wells

Prices for all 2015 Illinois home football games were announced by the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics on Wednesday.

Several changes were made from 2014, including updated student ticket prices, payment plans and separate tickets for the recently announced Soldier Field game between Illinois and Northwestern on Nov. 28, which serves as a home game for the Illini.

Season ticket plans do not include a ticket to the Soldier Field game. Season ticket holders have the option of adding the Soldier Field game. 

All student season tickets are now Block I seats in the northern end zone. Previously, students could purchase non-Block I season tickets.

Block I season tickets for all six Memorial Stadium games are now $77, down from $134.

In addition, Illinois has introduced payment plans that buyers can use to distribute their payment for tickets across two or three installments.

Peter can be reached at [email protected] and on Twitter @PBaileyWells.