Jaylin McClinton wins student trustee by 95 votes

Jaylin McClinton, a junior in LAS, was elected student trustee for the University in this year’s spring elections. McClinton received 51.5 percent of the votes in his race against Charlie Sterrett and will be serving as the Urbana campus student trustee for the 2015-2016 academic year.

Although a formal complaint was not filed, the elections commission noted that McClinton may have sent emails encouraging students to vote for him. Shawn Gordon, elections commission chair, said this will most likely not affect McClinton’s win but will be investigated.

The elections commission will release an official report of all elected representatives on Monday.

The Student Cultural Programming Fee, Students for Equal Access to Learning fund and the Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District also appeared on the ballot for fee renewals and changes.

The Student Cultural Programming Fee, which serves to promote an inclusive community through programs on campus was granted a renewal of their $2.58 per student fee each fall and spring semester.

The renewal of Students for Equal Access to Learning Fund’s $5.20 fee each fall and spring semester was also. The fee contributes to financial aid for students who qualify.

CUMTD appeared twice on the ballot, one question regarding renewing the service and another for funding to create an additional bus route to better serve FAR/PAR and the College of Veterinary Medicine. The company’s service fee will increase $1 for the 2016-2017 year and $1 additionally from 2017-2018. Both referendums passed.