Former Illini tight end Evan Wilson arrested for DUI

Evan Wilson (89) prepares to catch a ball against Cincinnati on Saturday, September 7, 2013. Wilson ended the day with 2 catches for 43 yards.

By Michal Dwojak

According to a University of Illinois police report released on September 14, Evan R. Wilson of Champaign was arrested at 12:40 a.m. Sunday at Sixth and John Streets, Champaign, for driving under the influence of alcohol and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident. According to the report, police were nearby when the vehicle Wilson was driving struck a parked vehicle.

Wilson was a tight end for the Illinois football team from 2010-2013. 

Although he wasn’t drafted, the tight end was signed by the Dallas Cowboys in 2014 but was waived from reserved/injured with an injury settlement by the Cowboys in June. The Miami Dolphins signed him on August 12. He was signed to their practice squad in October and released a week later. The Oakland Raiders signed Wilson to their practice squad in December and his contract expired in January.

Both Wilson and the athletic department declined to comment when asked about the arrest.

@mdwojak94