Police blotter for Aug. 27

By Jessica Bursztynsky

A burglary from a motor vehicle was reported in the 1200 block of West Clark Street around 8:30 p.m. on Thursday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole from the victim’s unlocked vehicle.

A burglary from a motor vehicle was reported in the 3900 block of Tallgrass Drive around 7:30 a.m. on Thursday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s wallet and credit cards from their vehicle overnight.

A theft was reported at Allen Hall, 1005 W. Gregory Drive, between the time of 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Thursday. According to the report, cash was stolen from the student’s purse while it was left unattended in the dining facility of the residence hall.

A vehicle was reported stolen from Willard Airport, 11 Airport Rd., around 3 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, an Avis Car Rental employee reported the car had been stolen from the company’s location at the airport on July 9. The offender did not return the car on its July 12 due date, and multiple attempts from the company to contact the offender have been unsuccessful. The car has an estimated value of $20,000.

A 21-year-old male was arrested on the charge of theft at Jimmy John’s , 807 S. Lincoln Ave., around 3 a.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the offender had taken a delivery sign from the top of a Jimmy John’s delivery vehicle. He was stopped from taking it home and admitted the sign did not belong to him, but made no attempts to return it.

A 24-year-old female and a 23-year old female were arrested on the charges of resisting and obstructing an officer, and a 26-year-old male was arrested on the charge of aggravated battery, in the 1400 block of Briarcliff Drive around 1 a.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the male arrestee had been investigating a domestic dispute when he battered an unknown victim as well as a police officer, who was uninjured. While the male was being arrested, the two females were arrested for resisting.