The Daily Illini police blotter for Jan. 24

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Unlawful possession and use of a weapon by a felon were reported on the 1900 block of County Road, around 2 a.m. Saturday. According to the report, possession of a stolen firearm, property forfeiture, methamphetamine manufacturing and cannabis trafficking were also reported. The suspect was arrested.

Theft was reported on the 1700 block of Park Haven Drive, around 1:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim woke up to find that approximately $201 had been taken from her purse located in her living room. The victim suspects a male who had stayed over night may have taken the money. The theft originally occurred Jan. 20.

Theft was reported on the 500 block of South Chestnut Street, around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim left his cell phone in a ride-sharing service vehicle when visiting Champaign from Virginia on Jan. 1. The victim called the driver who stated she already sent the phone to the victim in the mail. The victim never received his phone.

Deceptive practices were reported at Sherman Hall, 909 S. Fifth St., around 11 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, three victims were defrauded of between $2,000 to $4,500 during several separate purchases through a fraudulent smartphone application.

Nothing to report.