Best of CU: Best Place to People-Watch

By Olivia Rosenberg, buzz Assistant Editor

Arguably one of the best parts of college is meeting new people, but sometimes we aren’t always in a social mood and would rather people-watch than actually interact with them. Whether it’s squirrels or actual people, people-watching on campus is an entertaining way to pass the time for many.

The Main Quad is the perfect location to watch some shenanigans, a Spikeball or frisbee game of other students on campus. The lush green space has great spots to sit, like on stone benches along the sidewalk, at the bases of trees and on the steps of Foellinger Auditorium. Even hanging up a hammock amongst the trees provides a great view of all the life around. In the afternoons, the Main Quad is full of people passing by on their way to different places on campus; there is a constant flow of traffic with new people coming and going every minute. Even the animals on the Main Quad are amusing to watch. Squirrels are continuously trying to ravage garbage cans or pick up any crumbs they can find, without fear of getting close to the people around them. If you wanted, you could even people-watch the other students on campus that are people-watching. Next time you have a break between classes in the heart of campus, take a minute to look around at all the other life around you. There is never a dull moment when people-watching on the Main Quad.