The Literary hosts ‘Parks and Rec’ inspired Galentine’s Day Brunch

The+Literary%2C+located+on+North+Neil+Street%2C+will+be+hosting+a+special+Galentines+Day+event.+They+host+a+variety+of+events+from+a+book+club+to+author+events.+

Photo courtesy to @literarybookbar Instagram

The Literary, located on North Neil Street, will be hosting a special Galentine’s Day event. They host a variety of events from a book club to author events.

By Raina Kutliroff, Staff Writer

This Feb. 12-13 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., The Literary is preparing to celebrate friends in the C-U community this Valentine’s Day, which may or may not include waffles and bloody marys.

Reminton Rock, manager and events coordinator at the Literary, said the store is excited to promote their newest event, inspired by their love of Leslie Knope from “Parks and Recreation.” 

“Galentine’s Day is only the best day of the year, so our guests can expect just that —the best!” Rock said. “We will have a brunch special and a featured cocktail: Bloody Marys!” 

Originally made popular from the hit sitcom “Parks and Recreation,” Galentine’s Day celebrates the love of close friends and gals, rather than romantic lovers. 

Rock said this event is open for anyone who would like to attend, especially anyone who is craving bloody marys, yummy food, good company and a friendly book-loving environment. 

“In addition to our regular brunch menu, we will have a waffle special for two,” she said. “They’ll be new flavors with delicious toppings.”

She said The Literary are big fans of “Parks and Recreation” and hope to spread the message of celebrating the people closest to you, as Leslie Knope did in the show.

“We love any chance to celebrate your favorite gals and pals in your life, and what better way to do that than with brunch?” she said. 

The Literary officially opened earlier last fall and quickly gained popularity around the C-U area. 

The bookstore-bar has already hosted dozens of events such as weekly book clubs, children’s story time, local author events, among several others. 

Rock said those looking for more opportunities to celebrate Valentine’s Day can check out some of the other events the shop has coming up.

“Our Galentine’s Brunch isn’t the only celebration of love we will have for Valentine’s Day,” she said.” We have a love stories book club, a date night package (The Literary is for Lovers) and a blind date with a book activity throughout the weekend.”

But she said if romance isn’t your thing, people can visit the Cynics Book Club the following week. 

All of The Literary events can be found at literarybookbar.com.