Jacob Slabosz

CSEC releases tentative ISG election results

April 1, 2023

The Campus Student Election Commission released the Illinois Student Government unofficial student election results on Friday. The election was held March 24 and 25 of this year.

For student body president and vice president, Abigail McGuire and Alex Koscielski sat at the top of the list, with 42.67% of the votes going to them as the first rank choice. 

There were a total of 2,671 votes for the presidential and vice-presidential contest, according to the CSEC. McGuire and Koscielski had 1,017 of the first choice votes and 361 of the second choice votes.

Sanchita Teeka had the most votes for the position of student trustee, with 947 votes or 35.45% of total votes.

Because the poll did not require voters to vote for every category, there were less votes in the category for student trustee than for president and vice president. 

The election results also included tentative winners for the ISG senators from each college at the University. 

In the College of Education, two senatorial candidates must cast lots to break their tie, according to the CSEC. Both candidates have one vote.

Students also voted on referendums, covering the renewal and increase of student fees, the expansion of emergency contraceptives and the approval of a new ISG constitution.

These results are unofficial. According to the CSEC, official results will be released by 5 p.m. on April 11.

The Daily Illini • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in