Photo courtesy of Apple

AirPods, audio and tvOS updates

AirPods will now have a new feature called Adaptive Audio, which will dynamically blend noise cancellation and transparency modes to better suit the user’s environment. Distracting noises will be reduced while important information will still be audible.

When wearing AirPods Pro, a new conversation mode will automatically detect when a user is talking with someone. Audio will be intelligently lowered, allowing them to hear the person speaking clearly.

When on a call, AirPods will automatically reduce unwanted background noise.

The automatic switching experience has now been improved as well, making it even easier to switch between Apple devices.

AirPlay will now use machine learning to determine when a user may want to AirPlay their music to a device such as a HomePod. 

AirPlay will also be available in some hotels. Guests will be able to scan a QR code on the TV and their device will be paired and automatically connected to the WiFi.

AirPlay will be available in select hotels by the end of the year.

CarPlay will feature new integrations with the Music app. If a user is connected to their car via CarPlay, other users will be able to add songs to the queue and control what songs are playing without accessing the driver’s phone.

Users can now use their iPhone to locate the Siri Remote for their AppleTV if it is lost. 

Users can also set slideshows of images from iCloud Photos as their screensavers on AppleTV.

FaceTime will also be available on AppleTV. It will make use of Continuity Camera, meaning it will wirelessly connect to an iPhone or iPad to use its camera and microphone to make the call. Family members or anyone in the room will be able to see the call on the big screen. Zoom and Webex will also be available on AppleTV by the end of the year.

The developer beta for this software became available on Monday and public betas will be available in July. The update will be available to all users in the fall.

The Daily Illini • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in