Photo courtesy of Apple

Mac Studio featuring M2 Max and M2 Ultra

The Mac Studio, released in March 2022, is a professional-oriented desktop computer. It was announced at WWDC23 that the Mac Studio will now include the Apple M2 Max chip in its specifications, making it up to 25% more powerful than M1 Macs and four times faster than the most powerful Intel-based iMac.

Motion graphics will render up to 50% faster in Adobe After Effects on the new desktop device.

Apple also announced the new M2 Ultra chip, which connects two M2 Max chips using their Ultra Fusion Architecture — the same process used for the older M1 Ultra. 

M2 Ultra’s CPU features 24 cores and will be up to 20% faster than M1 Ultra. The GPU boasts an astronomical 76-core GPU which will be up to 30% faster than M1 Ultra. The 32-core neural engine will be up to 40% faster.

The new chip also supports up to 192 gigabytes of unified memory — 50% more than the M1 Ultra.

With these specifications, the new M2 Ultra is postured to be the most powerful chip ever made for a personal computer.

Mac Studio now features higher bandwidth HDMI at 8K, a 240-hertz refresh rate and the ability to power up to six Pro Display XDRs. 

Mac Studio will still start at $1,999. Preorders began Monday and shipping will begin next week.

The Daily Illini • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in