Best Asian Cuisine: Bangkok Thai

By Willie Cui, News Editor

You enter, you order and you’re given a small stub with your order number — that’s how it works at Bangkok Thai, assuming you’re lucky enough, and there isn’t a line, as is often the case. 

Nestled under a Bankier Apartments building at 410 E. Green St., Bangkok Thai Restaurant & Pho 911 is a well-known and popular staple of Campustown, earning it’s place as the best Asian cuisine on campus as voted by the Champaign-Urbana community. Both students and locals enjoy spending their time at this restaurant, which champions Bangkok Thai as number one.

The restaurant also recently opened a second location at 1104 N. Cunningham Ave. in Urbana, providing more locations for fans of the dishes Bangkok Thai provides.

Bangkok Thai is known for serving a variety of Thai dishes — from various curries to soups, salads, noodles and other menu items. For spicy dishes, the restaurant offers six levels of spiciness — from spicy level one to level six, bringing flexibility to the cuisine they serve.

Open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. every day of the week, Bangkok Thai serves food for both takeout and dining in, with its central location on Green Street providing the best and most convenient access to Thai cuisine here in C-U.