Apply to the DI
Hi! Thanks for your interest in joining the DI and 150 years of journalistic excellence.
Any student studying at the University of Illnois at Urbana-Champaign is encouraged to apply, with the exception of second-semester seniors. You DO NOT have to be pursuing a journalism-related degree to apply. We’re looking for reporters, writers, photographers, videographers, designers, social media managers, website developers, data analysts and more!
Here’s an overview of our application process.
- Fill out an application here.
- Our Brand Manager will reach out with the next steps within a week after receiving your application.
- Ethics training is mandatory for all new hires.
- Once ethics training is completed, the next step is to fill out all necessary paperwork, found at the front desk of Illini Media office.
- Our editors will reach out to you shortly after we receive your documents.
Email our brand manager at [email protected] if you have any question about the application process.