Three men shot at various intersections in Champaign

By Angelina Cole

Three men sustained gunshot wounds after Champaign Police responded to a report of shots fired at the 700 block of Hickory Street late Saturday night.

According to a recent report, officers, while en route to the scene of the first report, received a call of a man injured at the intersection of Walnut and Columbia streets. Upon arrival, officers located a 20-year-old man who was shot multiple times.

Officers then received a report of a 35-year-old man also having been shot at the 1100 block of North Market Street.

Both victims were transported to an area hospital for treatment. Upon arrival at the hospital, officers were informed that a third victim of the same shooting, a 27-year-old man, was also receiving treatment.

After further investigation, Champaign Police Department officers learned that an argument had occurred at the 700 block of Hickory Street that resulted in gunfire.

No arrests had been made at the time of the report. The Champaign Police Department is investigating the incident further.

If anyone has information regarding this shooting, they are urged to call the Champaign Police Department at 351-4545 or call Crimestoppers anonymously at 373-TIPS.