Police blotter for October 20, 2016

By Daily Illini Staff Report

A residential burglary was reported in the 700 block of South Randolph Street around 8 p.m. on Tuesday.

According to the report, the unknown offender entered the victim’s residence and stole several items including firearms, clothing, televisions and an electronic gaming system.

A theft was reported in the 500 block of East Columbia Avenue around 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday.

According to the report, the victim reported that the offender had entered her residence under the guise of being an Ameren electric company employee. The offender then stole jewelry and clothing from the victim.

A 21-year-old-female was issued a state of Illinois notice to appear in court for battery in the 100 block of South Goodwin Avenue around 6:30 p.m on Tuesday.

According to the report, the offender allegedly grabbed a bus driver’s arm following an argument. Police were then called to the scene.

A case of damage to property was reported in the 0-100 block of East Kirby Avenue around 3:30 a.m. on Monday.

According to the report, blue paint had been sprayed on a University of Illinois Police mobile data sign. Blue paint was also discovered by an officer on the University of Illinois Welcome Center. The estimated total cost to repair the damage is approximately $2,500.

A case of criminal damage to property was reported in the 1600 block of Melrose Park Court around 8 p.m. on Tuesday.

According to the report, an unknown offender had inflicted damage to the victim’s windshield with a BB gun.

A case of criminal damage to property was reported in the 700 block of Colorado Avenue around 8 p.m. on Tuesday.

According to the report, an unknown offender had attempted to force entry into the victim’s apartment. They then threatened the victim with a stun gun.