The Daily Illini police blotter for Dec. 7

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported on the 2400 block of Heathrow Drive around 9 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the unknown offender stole a bag, a cellular phone and an article of clothing from the victim’s vehicle.

Retail theft was reported at Kohl’s, 109 Convenience Center Road, around 7 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the suspect stole a sweatshirt.

Theft was reported at Home Depot, 820 Bloomington Road, around 3:30 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, an employee took money from the cash registers and made fake transactions to activate gift cards.

Nothing to report.

A stray dog was reported at Abbey and Clarion roads around 4 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the dog attacked a dog being walked by its owner. 

Theft was reported on the 700 block of Fairlawn Drive around 2 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, a firearm worth over $500 went missing during an out-of-state move.

A red chicken was reported as “running at large” on the 400 block of East University Avenue around 3:30 p.m Wednesday. According to the report, the chicken was subsequently apprehended and transported to the University veterinarian for medical treatment.