The Daily Illini police blotter for March 16

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

An arrest was made at Illinois Terminal, 45 E. University Ave., around 8:30 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, a 20-year-old male grabbed a purse while the victim was not watching it and was later arrested.

An arrest was made on the 700 block of Hollycrest Drive around 3:30 a.m. Friday. According to the report, a 41-year-old male called and claimed he was battered inside his niece’s residence and dropped a bag of suspected crack cocaine on the ground while speaking to the officers. He was arrested for controlled substance possession. 

Nothing to report.

Fraud was reported on the 1700 block of Florida Avenue around 3 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the victim attempted to purchase a vehicle through Craigslist and eBay from an unknown offender. The victim used eBay gift cards to pay for the vehicle, but when she learned the incident was a scam, eBay agreed to refund her the money.

Domestic dispute was reported on the 300 block of Long Hill Drive around 1:30 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the offender and victim engaged in a verbal argument over custody issues. They were previously married and have children in common.