The Daily Illini police blotter for Oct. 29

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 3500 block of Mill Creek Court around 9:30 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, an unknown offender damaged the victim’s pumpkins and threw eggs at the front door of her residence.

Domestic battery was reported on the 1300 block of North Market Street around noon Thursday.

Sexual assault was reported on the 00 block of East Green Street around 2:30 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the female victim met with a male subject at his apartment. At some point in the night, she lost consciousness and woke up in the hallway the next morning. The female believes she may have been sexually assaulted.

An arrest as made on the charge of criminal trespassing on state property near Gregory Drive and Oak Street around 5 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, a police officer recognized the suspect and was aware he previously had been issued a no-trespassing notice for University property.

Property damage was reported at the Engineering Senior Design Laboratory, 1013 W. Western Ave., around midnight Saturday. According to the report, a student reported someone broke a glass window on the entrance and burned marks on the exterior wood surface. The estimated cost to replace the door is $300.

An arrest was made on the charge of domestic battery in a University parking lot on the 100 block of East Peabody Drive around 1 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, police initially were called by someone who heard a woman screaming and observed a man forcing her into a car. When officers arrived, they observed the woman had a minor injury to her lip.

Theft was reported on the 800 block of Coler Avenue around 8:30 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the offender, who rented out a room in the victim’s basement, stole a necklace and a firearm from the victim’s residence.

Theft was reported at Meijer, 2500 S. Philo Road, around 8:30 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole liquor from the department store and passed all points of sale without paying.

Domestic battery was reported on the 1900 block of Vermont Avenue around 7:30 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the offender, who is the victim’s son, battered the victim during a verbal argument. The offender also interrupted a call to police when a witness attempted to call.