The Daily Illini police blotter for Oct. 31

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Theft was reported in the 900 block of South First Street, around 10 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, a local resident discovered an unknown male offender opening mail from a building that didn’t belong to him. The offender stole two pieces of clothing from the residence’s packages.

Residential burglary was reported in the 1700 block of Princeton Drive, around 3 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s residence and stole an electronic gaming system. The residence’s door frame was also damaged by the offender. 

Deceptive practices was reported in the 100 block of Mattis Avenue, around 9 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim discovered after using her debit card at a local gas station that an unknown offender had withdrawn money from her account at an ATM in another state. 

Nothing to report.

Domestic battery was reported in the 1000 block of Crestwood Drive, around 6 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim and offender, who are dating and live together, each claimed separate instances of being battered by the other. Both the victim and offender reported that the other battered them. 

Domestic dispute and theft were reported in the 300 block of Crystal Lake Drive, around 5 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim and offender used to date and live together. The victim claimed the offender took some of his belongings without his permission when the offender moved out.

An arrest was made on the charge of an in-state warrant at the Urbana Police Department, 400 S. Vine St., around 12 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the suspect originally arrived at the police department to fill out a form when it was discovered he had a valid Champaign County warrant. Officers arrested the suspect and transported him to Champaign County Jail.