The Daily Illini police blotter for Nov. 19

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Criminal damage to property was reported at CVS, 107 W. Green St., around 5 p.m. Monday. According to the report, an unknown offender broke the window of the victim’s vehicle while she was at work.

Deceptive practices was reported at Fairlawn Real Estate, 2500 Galen Drive, around 11 a.m. Monday. According to the report, the payee’s name on a check from the business was changed and cashed. The business reported this same incident has occurred four times in recent months.

Theft was reported at Holiday Inn, 101 Trade Center Drive, around 8 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the manager of the establishment called to report that money, a computer and two other pieces of property were stolen from her office.

Theft was reported at the Illini Union Bookstore, 809 S. Wright St., Monday. According to the report, on Oct. 21 around noon, an unknown offender stole a T-shirt and a water bottle with a combined value of $64.94 from the business.

Illegal dumping was reported at Lucky Luke’s Video Gaming, 1504 N. Cunningham Ave., around 2 p.m. Monday. According to the report, at three separate times, different offenders illegally left trash in the business’s dumpster without permission.

Identity theft was reported in the 1400 block of South Smith Road around 1 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim’s credit card information was obtained by an unknown offender and used to make unauthorized transactions.

Trespassing and criminal damage to property was reported in the 100 block of West Washington Street around noon Monday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s residence and possibly damaged the pipes inside the home by leaving the windows open.