The Daily Illini police blotter for Jan. 31

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Criminal damage to property was reported in the 1200 block of Northwood Drive around 10 p.m. Jan. 23. According to the report, the offender shattered the victim’s rear vehicle windshield.

Retail theft was reported at Kohl’s, 109 Convenience Center Road, around 5 p.m. Jan. 18. According to the report, the offenders were seen entering the building and then concealing items on themselves. However, they were stopped before they had the chance to exit the business.

Unlicensed alcohol and liquor possession was reported at Crunch Fitness, 40 E. Anthony Drive, around 6 p.m. Jan. 5. According to the report, it was unclear at an event the business was hosting if the catering company and business itself were following the city ordinance of only allowing members of the club to receive alcohol.

Retail theft was reported at the Illini Union Bookstore, 809 S. Wright St., around 2 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, a university student was issued a notice by the state of Illinois to report to court after store security caught the offender attempting to leave the store without paying for a textbook.

Trespassing on property was reported in the 400 block of Race Street around noon Wednesday. According to the report, the offender entered a vacant apartment to do laundry.

Animal cruelty was reported in the 900 block of Division Avenue at about 1 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the suspect left her bearded dragon at a house, without care and did not return for it. The resident of the house relinquished the bearded dragon to animal control and then was taken to Champaign County Humane Society.

Burglary from a motor vehicle and criminal damage to property were reported in the 400 block of East Pennsylvania Avenue around noon Tuesday. According to the report, the offender entered the victim’s unlocked car and removed and damaged some items.