The Daily Illini police blotter for March 5

Aggravated battery was reported in the 00 block of Sherwood Court around 9 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the offender battered the victim in a home invasion. The offender has not been located at the time of the report. 

An arrest for possession of a controlled substance was reported at the intersection of Paula Drive and Kirk Lane around midnight on Tuesday. According to the report, the suspect was found walking down the middle of the street illegally. He was also openly drinking alcohol and upon further search of the suspect, illegal drugs were found. 

An arrest was made for suspected delivery of a controlled substance in the 1500 block of Romine Street at around 5 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, a search warrant was executed at a residence resulting in an arrest and seizure of what was suspected to be cocaine and ecstasy. 

An arrest for criminal damage to state property was reported in the 1000 block of Western Avenue around 2 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, the suspect was seen leaving the area of a broken window. After being questioned, the suspect admitted to breaking the window and burning the window frame. The damage is estimated to be about $500. 

Theft was reported at 1301 Green St, Natural History Building sometime between 8:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, a locked bike had been stolen from a bike rack outside the building. The bike’s value was estimated at about $414. 

Computer fraud and theft was reported in the 2100 block of Race Street around 10 a.m. Feb. 27. According to the report, the victim was scammed into giving an unknown offender remote access to their computer and then was blackmailed into giving money to correct a computer issue caused by the remote access. 

Intimidation was reported in the 1200 block of Harding Drive around 11 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, over the last two years, the offender has been sending threatening text messages to the victim, threatening harm if the victim did not provide money to the offender.