The Daily Illini police blotter for April 20

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

Deceptive practices were reported in the 400 block of East John Street at around 10:23 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, a victim turned over a large sum of money to an unknown suspect who threatened the victim. 

Criminal damage to property was reported in the 1100 block of Pomona Drive at around 7:20 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the victim’s ex-boyfriend broke her window by throwing a rock at it. 

A report was made by a University employee at Willard Airport on Thursday that someone caused damage amounting to $1,000 on a chain-link gate which gives access to the tarmac. According to the report, after further investigation, it was revealed that the offender rammed the gate with his vehicle, but failed to open it. The incident was captured by a camera.

A report was made by a University student on Monday who had been the victim of an exploitation scam. According to the report, the unknown offender demanded money from the victim through a messaging app, threatening to post a nude photo of the student online. It was revealed that the photo was taken with the victim’s consent, but it is unknown how the offender obtained the picture. After the student declined to pay the offender, the photo was posted to social media. 

Criminal damage to property was reported in the 300 block of West University Avenue at around 8:52 a.m. on Friday. According to the report, the unknown offender caused damage to property at a park in Urbana. 

Disorderly conduct was reported in the 1700 block of Philo Road at around 11:14 a.m. on Friday. According to the report, a female offender was unhappy with service at a McDonald’s drive-thru and threw items at an employee. She then described the encounter to a male friend, who showed up at the restaurant and punched the employee multiple times. Following the incident, the male offender was found and arrested after admitting his involvement along with identification by a witness.