The Daily Illini police blotter for April 27

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

Nothing to report.

A report was made by a University student that he was the victim of deceptive practices. The student received a call from the unknown offender who pretended to be a representative of the Chinese Embassy in Chicago. According to the report, the offender threatened the student claiming they would be arrested if they did not pay money to the police. In two separate transactions, the student transferred a total of $50,000 to a bank account in China. 

A report was made by a University employee that he had received threatening emails from an unknown offender about the employee’s recently published work. According to the report, the faculty member did not feel that he was in danger. 

Theft $500 and under was reported in the 900 block of North Cunningham Avenue at around 11:39 a.m. on Monday. According to the report, dealership plates were stolen from the victim.

Aggravated discharge of a firearm was reported in the 800 block of Oakland Avenue at around 2:31 a.m. on Monday. According to the report, the unknown offender fired three shots into an occupied apartment building.