The Daily Illini police blotter for May 11

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

An arrest was made on the charges of motor vehicle theft, unlawful possession/use of weapon by a felon, armed robbery and unlawful aggravated restraint on Fifth Street and Bradley Avenue at around 5:39 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the offender stole a motor vehicle.

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 700 block of North Prospect Avenue at around 11:24 a.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the suspect damaged the victim’s vehicle using spray paint. 

A report was made by a University student that his cellphone was stolen between 3-4 p.m. on Saturday at a grocery store on the 300 block of East Stoughton Street. According to the report, the phone which has a value of $449, was discovered to be taken to an Urbana address using its GPS location service. The phone was recovered on Monday morning

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 800 block of West Illinois Street at around 7:25 a.m. on Monday. According to the report, the arrestee showed up at an apartment, attempting to retrieve his stolen phone by throwing a rock through the victim’s window. 

Theft $500 and under was reported on the 500 block of West University Avenue at around 2:15 a.m. on Monday. According to the report, the unknown offender left a Circle K gas station without paying for his items.