The Daily Illini police blotter for August 27

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

Nothing to report.

An exploitation scam was reported on Aug. 19. A University student was contacted through a social media app by an unknown offender and was told to send money or a nude photo of the student would be posted on the internet. The video was taken without the student’s consent. The student did not pay, and the video has not been posted.

Criminal damage to property was reported at the south entrance of the Education Building, 1310 S. Sixth St. around 1 a.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, a University employee reported that someone damaged the glass surrounding the south entrance to the building. The damage seemed to be caused by a BB gun and the estimated cost to repair the glass is $1,000. 

Theft under $500 was reported at Daniels Hall, 1010 W. Green St. on Monday. According to the report, a student’s bicycle was stolen. The bike was locked to a bike rack.

Theft under $500 and a domestic dispute was reported on the 2000 block of Philo Road around 4:30 a.m. on Thursday. According to the report, the victim and offender are in a dating relationship and live together. The victim claims that the offender took some of his belongings during a domestic dispute.