The Daily Illini police blotter for Sept. 22

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

An arrest was made on the charge of theft over $500 on the 200 block of East Healey Street around 4 p.m. on Monday. According to the report, two offenders stole residential air conditioning units from an apartment building. One offender was arrested and the other has not been identified.

Retail theft was reported on the 2500 block of North Prospect Avenue around 3:30 p.m. on Monday. According to the report, a playstation VR headset was stolen from GameStop.

Nothing to report.

Residential burglary committed on the 1200 block of South Busey Avenue around midnight on Feb. 1 was reported on Tuesday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s garage and stole two firearms. The victim was not aware of the missing guns until the Danville Police Department recovered one of the guns. 

Criminal damage to property was reported in the intersection of Lincoln and Springfield avenues around 4:30 p.m. on Monday. According to the report, an unknown offender damaged the victim’s car by hitting the victim’s mirror, causing it to break and denting the vehicle.