The Daily Illini police blotter for Sept. 23

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Nothing to report.

An offender was issued a notice to appear in court for theft near Stadium Drive and Oak Street around 6:07 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, a witness saw the offender stealing packages from porches on First Street. The estimated value of the stolen items is $85. The items were returned to their original owners. 

Two offenders were issued a notice to appear in court for theft from government property near Race Street and Curtis Road around 4:45 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, a witness contacted police after she saw the two female offenders load a vehicle with pumpkins stolen from a University research field. The estimated value of the stolen pumpkins is $175. 

Forgery was reported on the 100 block of North Vine Street around 5:12 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the unknown offender tried to make a purchase using counterfeit currency. 

Battery was reported on the 1200 block of East Harding Drive around 2:19 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the victim and offender engaged in a physical dispute. Both parties involved claimed they were battered by the other person.