The Daily Illini police blotter for Sept. 29

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

• Aggravated discharge of a firearm, aggravated assault and criminal damage to property were reported on the 1300 block of North Walnut Street around 8:30 p.m. on Monday. According to the report, the victim’s house was struck by gunfire while he was inside the residence.
  • Arrests were made for aggravated battery, aggravated battery towards a child and endangering the life/health of a child on the 100 block of Kenwood Road around 6:15 p.m. on Monday. According to the report, a verbal altercation escalated. One subject was stabbed then used her vehicle to ram the other subject’s vehicle.
  • Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported on the 1200 block of West Anthony Drive around 9 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, a credit card and cash were stolen from a vehicle.

• Criminal damage to property was reported in a parking lot near First Street and Windsor Road in Champaign around 4:30 p.m. on Monday. According to the report, a University student said her vehicle was scratched with a sharp object while parked in the lot.

• Aggravated battery was reported on the 600 block of West University Avenue around 7:30 p.m. on Monday. According to the report, the offender engaged in a physical altercation with the victim while the victim was attempting to perform his duties as a hospital security guard.