The Daily Illini police blotter for Oct. 8

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

Nothing to report.

Criminal damage to property was reported at the Natural Resources Studies Annex, 1910 S. Griffith Drive between Monday and Wednesday. According to the report, a University employee reported someone had etched a profanity into an elevator door. The estimated cost to repair the damage is $500.

Extortion was reported by a University student. According to the report, the student received several calls and texts from an unknown man who threatened to post nude photos of the student online if the student refused to meet with the man. The unknown caller identified personal information about the student. It is uncertain whether the caller actually has nude photos or how he would possess them.

Home invasion and domestic battery were reported on the 300 block of Griggs Street around 2:30 a.m. on Thursday. According to the report, the offender knocked on the female victim’s window and tried to enter through the open window. The female victim attempted to close the window to keep the offender out but the offender forced the window open to get inside. The offender then battered the female and male victims before leaving. The offender and female victim have children in common.