The Daily Illini police blotter for Oct. 29

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Theft of motor vehicle parts and accessories was reported on the 2800 block of Hundman Drive around 10 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, a catalytic converter was stolen off of a van. There was no suspect information and no video surveillance.

Aggravated discharge of a firearm and criminal damage to property were reported at the intersection of North Bradley Avenue and Oak Street around 3 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, police responded to a shooting in the area. 

Theft under $500 was reported on the 600 block of East Green Street around 6:15 p.m. on Monday. According to the report, money was stolen.

Theft of a motor vehicle was reported at parking lot F-23 at 1101 West Florida Avenue in Urbana on Wednesday. According to the report, the University student learned their vehicle was stolen when he was contacted by police officers who found his vehicle in Bondville, Illinois.

Residential Burglary was reported on the 1200 block of Lanore Drive around 9:20 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s apartment and destroyed an unknown amount of items and destroyed some of the victim’s clothing using bleach. 

An arrest was made on the charge of endangering the life/health of a child and assault on the 600 block of West University Avenue in the Carle Hospital ER around 7:32 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, the arrestee’s child was a patient at Carle and the arrestee aggressively shook her child during an argument with Carle staff. The arrestee then threw a blanket at a Carle security officer and lunged towards the officer, reportedly placing him in a reasonable apprehension of receiving a battery.