The Daily Illini police blotter for Nov. 5

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Theft $500 and under was reported from an unknown location around 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, the offender took a handgun from the victim’s vehicle without consent.

Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported on the 600 block of West Washington Street around 11 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the report, an unknown suspect entered the victim’s unlocked vehicle and stole a cell phone out of the glove box.

Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported on the 2400 block of West Springfield Avenue around 6 p.m. on Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s vehicle and stole two loaded handguns.

Nothing to report.

An arrest was made for manufacturing of a controlled substance, unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon, defacing identifying marks of a firearm and others on the 1200 block of East Florida Avenue around 1:45 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, an investigator saw the arrestee operating a motor vehicle, and the investigator knew the arrestee’s license was revoked and had two warrants out for his arrest. The investigator followed the arrestee to a Walmart and the arrestee was taken into custody and processed at the Champaign County Sheriff’s Office. While searching the car, the investigator found heroin, crack cocaine and a defaced 40 caliber handgun.

Aggravated assault and disorderly conduct were reported on the 1800 block of Philo Road around 8:07 a.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender brandished a pistol inferring bodily harm to the victim after an argument. The offender fled and was not located.