Letter: Sorry Mr. Perfect

By The Daily Illini

We couldn’t help but laugh when we read Jon Monteith’s column in the DI on Monday. While we respect your right to criticize students on this campus, last time we checked, three whole examples does not constitute the entire student body.

First off, just because a poor freshman girl didn’t know who a Democratic candidate was last year doesn’t give you the right to call her stupid. Maybe she was busy writing a research paper until 3 a.m. and didn’t have time to follow politics.

Secondly, your former roommate having infinitely more game than you is not an excuse to get so hot under the collar. Your apparent lack of a social life should indicate that you would already be in bed dreaming of that serious journalism assignment you completed three weeks before deadline. Instead, you chose to stay up late and be a major pain. Way to be a considerate roommate.

Check that, we don’t want to sound like idiots and make generalizations about you with only one argument. And what’s wrong with drinking and getting some action? Sorry, we aren’t all here to sit in our rooms doing little journalism assignments. Oh, and did you ever take physics on this campus, because a falling sheet has a whole lot to do with Newtonian Mechanics. Way to try to sound intelligent.

Instead of being an angst-filled hermit who stays in writing closed-minded editorials for the DI, you could socialize with others and find the second-brightest student on this campus to hang out with (obviously behind you). Jon Monteith, the only imbecile on this campus is you.

Jon Rimler and A.J. Muller

seniors in LAS