Two perfect drinking games for Election Day

TNS

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, left, and Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton participate in the third and final presidential debate at the University of Nevada Las Vegas on Wednesday, Oct. 19, 2016, in Las Vegas. (Yin Bogu/Xinhua/Sipa USA/TNS)

By Saketh Vasamsetti, Columnist

This election cycle has been the most uncomfortable and frustrating in our lives, and to get through the final lap, we’re going to need some ways to blow off some steam.

When you and your friends inevitably get together on Election Day to drown your sorrows, you can make things interesting with politically themed drinking games — we made one for each side. Drink responsibly and happy voting!

GAME #1 — Glory days talk:  

Hillary Clinton’s campaign has not been an exciting one. We’ve heard the same arguments about her vast experience over and over. Frankly, it’s boring. So let’s make use of it and turn it into something much more enjoyable. For this game, turn on any news channel covering the election and pay particular attention to the narratives.

Every time you hear someone talk about Clinton’s glory days, such as when she played a monumental role in the death of Osama Bin Laden, take a drink. Every time a Clinton-supporting pundit dodges a question about Clinton’s use of a private email server, finish the rest of your drink. And whenever you hear Clinton talk about limiting tuition costs, then pour one out for Bernie Sanders.

GAME #2 — Trump or teenager?

Now this game is specifically regarding Mr. Trump’s infamous childish tendencies. A lot of the stuff he says is controversial, of course, but some of it doesn’t even sound like him — weirdly, it sounds a lot more like something a teenage girl might say.

Below are several quotes. Take turns guessing whether the quote was said by Trump — whether in a speech or online — or said by a teenage girl on Twitter. Every wrong answer demands a drink, of a severity of your choosing. Good luck!

1. “I have never seen a thin person drinking Diet Coke.”
  2. “Happy Social Media Day also known as Happy My Life Day.”
  3. “No more ‘Merry Christmas’ at Starbucks. Maybe we should boycott Starbucks.”
  4. “I like the weather but my hair doesn’t.”
  5. “After Friday’s Twilight release, I hope Robert Pattinson will not be seen in public with Kristen — she will cheat on him again!”
  6. “Part of the beauty of me is I’m very rich.”
  7. “Eating tacos, you wish you were me.”

And the answer key:

1: Trump; 2: Teenager; 3: Trump; 4: Teenager; 5: Trump; 6: Trump; 7: Teenager.

Saketh is a freshman in DGS.