Illinois football lands Morgan Park’s Tysean Griffin for 2024

By Adam Rosen, Summer Editor

Illinois football added to its 2024 recruiting class for the eighth time overall with 2024 ATH, Tysean Griffin, a Chicago native from Morgan Park.

Griffin, a 5-foot-11 165-pound wide receiver, had offers from multiple Power Five programs, including the Michigan State Spartans, the Wisconsin Badgers, the Purdue Boilermakers and the Kansas State Wildcats. The No. 16 recruit in the state of Illinois, Griffin is the No. 64 overall ATH according to 247Sports rankings and is a three-star recruit.

Illinois has been adamant about recruiting players in-state, especially from Chicago. 2023 commit Malik Elzy was the top-ranked prospect amongst Chicago Public League players, and Illinois got him.

Griffin was used as a running back and a receiver, mostly in the slot during his junior year. Griffin accrued over 550 yards from scrimmage and five touchdowns last season and ran for over 700 yards and eight touchdowns a year prior.

Griffin is coached by a former Illinois wideout, Chris James, who played in Champaign from 2006-2010.

@arrosen76