Chicago Bulls sign Marcus Domask to Exhibit 10 deal

Former+Illini+Marcus+Domask+drills+a+jump+shot+in+the+second+half+against+Northwestern+on+Jan.+2.+Domask+has+signed+an+Exhibit+10+contract+with+the+Chicago+Bulls.+
Olivia McAfoos
Former Illini Marcus Domask drills a jump shot in the second half against Northwestern on Jan. 2. Domask has signed an Exhibit 10 contract with the Chicago Bulls.

Former Illini Marcus Domask has agreed to sign an Exhibit 10 deal with the Chicago Bulls after he went undrafted in the 2024 NBA Draft. The 2024 All-Big Ten first-team selection will compete in Chicago’s training camp, which will begin in October, in the hopes of earning a two-way contract or standard roster spot.

Most likely, Domask will be waived by the end of training camp and will have the opportunity to play for the Bulls’ G League affiliate, the Windy City Bulls. If Domask plays in the G League next season and stays with Windy City for at least 60 days, he would be eligible to earn a bonus worth up to $75,000, in addition to the standard G League contract rate of $40,500.

Domask demonstrated his strong mid-range game throughout his final season in college, as he used his 6-foot-6 statuer to post-up smaller guards and consistently knock down turn-around jumpers. He also showcased his ability to facilitate, acting as a playmaker in Brad Underwood’s offense and dishing out 5 assists per game.

However, he was a streaky shooter from three throughout the season, knocking down only 29.7% of his long range attempts. With Domask lacking elite athleticism, his three-point shot will have to improve for him to have a legitimate chance at being an NBA player. Domask’s best shooting game of last season came when he went 4-6 from beyond the arc at Wisconsin on March 2 en route to 31 points. He averaged 15.9 points for Illinois last season, the second highest on the team.

Despite not being invited to the G League Elite Camp or NBA Draft Combine in May, Domask underwent a myriad of NBA workouts, which included the Bulls, Denver Nuggets, Miami Heat, Orlando Magic, Houston Rockets, Charlotte Hornets, Toronto Raptors and 2024 NBA Champion Boston Celtics. Fans will get to see the 24 year old wing as a pro for the first time when Domask takes the court for the Bulls at NBA Summer League in Las Vegas, beginning July 12.

@sahil_mittal24