Women’s Resource Center assistant director accepts new position with Urbana

University+alumna+Rachel+Storm%2C+assistant+director+of+the+Women%27s+Resources+Center%2C+is+resigning+and+accepting+a+position+as+Urbana%27s+Public+Arts+Coordinator.+She+begins+her+new+position+August+7.+
University alumna Rachel Storm, assistant director of the Women's Resources Center, is resigning and accepting a position as Urbana's Public Arts Coordinator. She begins her new position August 7.

Submitted photo

Submitted photo

Wren Wheeling, Staff Writer

Rachel Storm, currently the assistant director at the Women’s Resources Center, will soon become Urbana’s Public Arts Coordinator, effective August 7.

The Public Arts Coordinator is responsible for sustaining multiple programs that are already well-established within the community, Storm said. This includes the annual Art Expo, Art at the Market, Artist in the Corridor, Art NOW and administering the Art in the Schools and Urbana Arts Grant programs.

“There’s such vibrant work coming out of the City of Urbana’s Public Arts Program,” Storm said. “I’m excited to continue to build upon that body of work.”

As the new public arts coordinator, Storm said she hopes to grow the programs that already make the city proud.

“I am excited to deepen my roots in the city of Urbana,” she said.

Storm has a Master’s degree in Educational Policy, Organization and Leadership from the University and is working toward her Ph.D. In the past six years, Storm has managed her own local arts programs including Outta the Mouths of Babes and Girl Radio, Inc.!.

news@dailyillini.com