Aggravated robbery reported in Champaign

A crime alert was sent out Monday about an aggravated robbery that occurred at an Espresso Royale location in Champaign.

According to the alert, at approximately 4:19 p.m., the victim was sitting outside at a table in front of Espresso Royale, 602 E. Daniel Street. One individual walked out of the business and grabbed the victim’s iPad off the table. The suspect ran westbound on Daniel Street.

Another individual exited the same door and displayed a hand gun to the victim, located in the waistband of his shorts. The suspect then walked westbound on Daniel Street.

The first suspect is described as an approximately 21-year-old black male, 5′ 10″ and weighing 180 pounds. The individual was wearing a white baseball cap with a red bill, black short sleeved shirt and black shorts, according to the alert. The other individual is described as an approximately 23- to 24-year-old black male, 5′ 8″ and weighing 180 pounds. The suspect was wearing a Milwaukee Brewers baseball cap, a black long-sleeved shirt and khaki-colored knee-length shorts.

The University of Illinois police department posted videos from security cameras of the suspects entering the “business”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH8I-aTfiDM and of the “robbery”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H6BgWecVWE. Witnesses to the event or those with information are encouraged to contact the Champaign Police Department.