Christie Clinic to open new resource room

The Champaign County YMCA will open doors on its new resource room through a $100,000 grant from the Christie Foundation, the parent company of the Christie Clinic.

The C. W. Christie Foundation Community Resource Room will be unveiled Jan. 31, at an open meeting for community human service groups. The resource room aims to provide a sort of “one-stop shop” for anyone in need.

“The ultimate vision for the space is for our local organizations to utilize the space and make it easier for the community to receive additional assistance for their special needs,” said Christie Foundation director Gary Wackerlin in a press release.

Marsha Osterbur, media coordinator for Christie Clinic, said the idea for the resource room grew out of a resource book put together by the Christie Clinic Leadership Program in 2010.

“Besides (medical needs), patients also have other needs, but don’t always know where to go to get them fulfilled,” she said.

The more than 100 charities and service providers in Champaign County are invited to share their resources in the room. Additionally, services will be able to hold programs in the room on a rotating calendar.

The 700 square foot room will also be available to University RSOs. Those interested are asked to contact Osterbur at [email protected] 217-366-1270.