Best unique experience: The Axe Bar

By Marilyn MacLaren, Assistant buzz Editor

Located at 114 S. Neil St., The Axe Bar is credited as “Champaign’s first ever axe-throwing establishment.” The bar features 10 axe throwing lanes, as well as the opportunity to compete in axe-throwing league held on Mondays.

New to axe throwing? Patrons will complete a quick training session and must be dressed properly with no open-toed shoes. Then you’ll be ready to start the fun.

Although you must be 18 to participate in axe throwing, people of all ages are welcome to attend the venue and enjoy the experience. Reservations can be made for the axe-throwing lanes, but walk-ins are welcome. The bar offers an assorted menu of sandwiches, pizza, wings and other bar food combos, including an extensive drink selection with 24 beers on tap.

Their signature drinks, such as the Bloody Mary “Blood Axe,” the Axe Rita and The Hatchet, match the theme of the bar and add to the overall atmosphere, providing everyone with a great experience to enjoy with friends.

The Axe Bar also features weekly events, such as Axe League on Monday nights from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m., Karaoke on Tuesday nights from 9 p.m. to midnight and ladies night on Fridays from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.

The Axe Bar offers activities for everybody and has definitely earned its vote as the best unique experience for the Champaign-Urbana community.