Best drunk food: Burrito King Mexican Grill

By Alexis Ramirez, Staff Writer

There are few restaurants in Campustown that remain open past 10 p.m. to serve the inebriated crowds that exit the bars along Green Street. Burrito King Mexican Grill has been voted as the favorite option among them for the second year in a row. This restaurant’s flavors are still able to shine through patrons’ sense of taste even when they’re drunk.

Burrito King’s brick-and-mortar restaurant is located on Green Street between Fourth and Fifth streets. It offers a wide selection of traditional Mexican food — including quesadillas, enchiladas, fajitas and specialty dishes. It is open Monday through Saturday from 11 to 3 a.m.

The Burrito King food trucks offer a more limited menu, featuring fan favorites that are optimal for eating on the go or while standing outside. These include tacos, tortas, quesadillas, burritos and the signature “King Nachos.”

The truck that parks at the Circle K at the intersection of First and Green streets — across the street from KAMS — has extended hours on Fridays and Saturdays. Since it opens when most restaurants are closing for the night, it serves food from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m., which is the perfect time range for those who are drunk and in need of a perfect meal.